Through LHDC Healthy Families program, support and encouragement is provided to new parents by recognizing their strengths and sharing information during home visits to the new family. By building confidence, reducing stress and maximizing the joys of being parents, Healthy Families helps parents and children grow together.
- Parenting is the most difficult and important job anyone will ever have
- All parents need support and encouragement
- Additional information on child development, bonding, discipline, health issues and community resources.
Participants receive free and voluntary home visits beginning prenatal or within 90 days of birth. Once a Family enrolls in the program they are eligible until the baby is 3 years old.
LHDC Healthy Families is an initiative of Healthy Families America and is funded through the Indiana Department of Child Services.
Why Healthy Families
- Babies begin learning at birth – the first three years are the most critical to their future learning.
- Parents need the most current information on how babies will grow, change, and develop.
- Services are voluntary and free to the family.
Ways To Get Started
- Call Healthy Families to schedule an in home appointment and receive a FREE GIFT.
- Ask WIC to send a referral.
- Tell your OB nurse or Doctor you are interested.
- Pregnant or just given birth within 90 days.
- Live in our serving counties (Gibson, Knox, Perry, Pike, and Posey)
- Qualify under income guidelines.
Healthy Families provides services in Gibson, Knox, Perry, Pike and Posey Counties in Southern Indiana. Contact us today to for more information in your area.
- Princeton – ext. 550
- Tell City – ext. 257
- Vincennes – ext. 551