The Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program provides vouchers to income-eligible elderly or disabled persons to purchase fresh and nutritious produce and items at local Farmers' Markets. You can view the flyer below for more information.
Contact Amy Fenwick regarding SFMNP.
- Participants must be 60 years old or over or be a qualified disabled person (a qualified disabled person is 55-59 years old or older and living in housing for the elderly where congregate nutrition services are available).
- Meet the income guidelines (185% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines).
- Live in an eligible county (LHDC provides this service in Crawford and Perry Counties).
- Provide a State ID or Driver's License to fill out an application.
- Reinforces the message that eating more fruits and vegetables can improve health.
- Educates seniors on nutrition.
- Promotes Indiana-grown produce.
- Increases sales for Indiana growers.
- Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program provides a benefit once per season (June-September).
- 2023 season benefit amount will be $20, with each booklet consisting of four (4) $5.00 checks.
- Checks will have redeemable in mid-June and will expire in late October.
- Clients may only use the SFMNP checks with authorized farmers and authorized Farmers' Markets (authorized farmers, markets, and stands display a vendor sign provided by the ISDH).
- Only edible fresh, unprocessed produce is allowable. (Examples of non-qualifying items include honey, meat, eggs, cut produce, cheese, baked goods, and milk).
- The Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program is provided through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Services (FNS). Lincoln Hills Development Corporation SFMNP covers the Indiana counties of Crawford and Perry.